Tax Return (2)

or copy the link

Tax Return

Certainty? These days nothing is certain however death and income taxes. – Benjamin Franklin.

Filing any tax return is mandatory for almost any business and just about all individuals. The individual can file his own tax return. However, due to the difficult Tax Law which frequently changes, it is wise to consult either a organization specializing in tax returns or a tax accountant. With regard to businesses, it is practically certain that expert aid of a tax accountants is required to file the tax return correctly at local, State as well as Federal level. It’s not uncommon for large businesses to maintain a group of tax accountants to do the task.

The tax accountant is simply an individual who assists a person in preparing the tax return -Hussey. While the meaning of a tax accountant takes only a few terms, the responsibility of a taxes accountant, is really much more complicated than submitting the tax return. In fact, to take advantages of the numerous incentives within the Tax Law, a good tax accountant will likely devote lots of time on duty planning or supplying advice on a range of tax reduction strategies, instead of actually preparing tax return itself. For international corporations, a good tax return strategy will probably translate to huge amounts of money saved in tax lowering.

Individuals who do not want to seek advice from the tax accountancy firm for help and even do it on their own can use a tax accounting software to make it easier. Tax accounting software is likely to make the tax return filing process simpler simply by automating the flow of paperwork, account for purchases (paycheck, paying regarding bills, etc), and keep orderly and precise records.

To make it less complicated for people to file their returns, a lot of information is put up by Interest rates on their official internet site. For example, the IRS declares, Every year millions of people document Federal Income Tax results even though they are not required to. A section is then specialized in this topic, that helps the individual to find out in the event that he/she really needs to document a tax return from federal level. Tax refunds can be asked for in the case that submitting was not required yet has been done for previous years.

If information on the IRS website just isn’t sufficient to make the particular filing process less difficult, someone can always turn to the Taxpayer Advocate Service. Taxpayer Recommend Service is a service/program supplied by the IRS. Nina Olson, the National Taxpayer Advocate, heads this program. The objective of the program is to simplify the process for individuals who experience tax associated problems, including tax return and tax refund. Taxpayer Advocate Support can be reached by contacting a national toll-free quantity, by writing instructions or can head into a local office.

Comments: 107

  1. Eleonor March 29, 2013 at 4:02 pm Reply


    (1) Can somebody please tell me what amount of income requires you to file a federal & state & social security taxes for each of the year since 1990 ? ( I mean filing Requirement for an unmarried single Person ) I need to know for each of those years.I am single unmarried individual.

    (2) If my income is below the filing requirement amount, am I still suppose to file for a state tax return ? If yes where can I get the tax rate table & forms for all those years ?

    (3) If income is below the filing requirement amount, am I suppose to file for social security tax ? If yes, where can I get the tax rate tables & forms for all those years ?

    (4) Where can I find the tax rate schedules for each of those years for all 3 Federal, state & Social security taxes ?

    (5) If the filing requirement amount was say $10,000.00, is that amount after the standard deduction of $3600.00 for an individual or how does it work ?

    I would really appreciate all the help.

    Thank You.

  2. Danilo April 4, 2013 at 8:45 pm Reply

    I bought a house in NJ in 2011 as resident and have a roommate for 6 month since Jan, 2012. In June, 2012 I rented it out completely. How to file tax return in that situation? – half year as resident and take the tax deduction on the property tax (1/2) and mortgage interest(1/2) and half year as rental? The issue is that I spent $5000.00 to fix the house in 2011 and early 2012. Not sure how to deduct them as those expenses occurs 6~8 month before I rented the house out.

    I am looking for some help from you all!

    Thank you in advance!

  3. Marcelene April 7, 2013 at 9:27 pm Reply

    I have received my federal tax return from the past few years, but I have not received my state tax return for the past 2 years. Ha, and I am just now looking into getting these tax returns…

    Should I get the state of Georgia to mail me copies of my w-2’s or whatever from the past 2 years, and then re-file it?

  4. Melita May 9, 2013 at 11:10 am Reply

    I didn’t lodge tax returns for 2 years before leaving for the UK. If i go back to Oz and don’t bother sending returns for 2002 & 2003, will i be forced to by the ATO or can i just lodge a return for next year. Will they force me to fill in the missing years.

  5. Shannan June 2, 2013 at 8:43 pm Reply

    i received a $600 stimulus rebate. turbo tax asks two questions.
    1. Estimated economic stimulus rebate calculated on your 2007 turbo tax return ____
    2. Economic stimulus payment received (before offset) _____

    i received my check in june 2008. and did my return in feb08

  6. Lashaunda June 2, 2013 at 9:18 pm Reply

    Lodged my tax return 2 weeks ago 6.7.2010. Still no refund in my bank account. Anyone else in the same boat? Has anyone actually got theirs yet.

  7. Elana June 18, 2013 at 10:24 am Reply

    A new job I am starting wants to see my tax returns for the past 2 years, but I have been out of work and have not had any income. Where can I get a fake return made up?

  8. Annis June 25, 2013 at 11:39 pm Reply

    I am trying to pull up my 2008 tax return or my w-2 form for 2008?

  9. Bart July 5, 2013 at 1:39 pm Reply

    I’m getting ready to declare bankruptcy and need copies of my tax returns from 2002 to present. I never filed with a tax company so I don’t have immediate copies available. I lost all tax forms in a fire. How do I go about getting copies of my tax returns and W-2’s. I’ve also been told that I didn’t file my state taxes for 2 years 2003-2004 once I get copies of my W-2’s what is the best way to go about correcting this and getting filed. I know I will end up paying penalties and thankfully didn’t owe that much back then. I didn’t file the one year due to the fire. The second we are still trying to figure out. I live in Missouri if that helps out. This is all I need to officially file my bankruptcy so want it done fast.

  10. Cordell October 28, 2013 at 6:28 pm Reply

    A friend of mine accidently claimed something on his tax return and recieved his refund. However, he already spent the money he recieved from his refund. So if he ammends his return correctly and owes the irs…what would happen if he couldn’t fully pay it back by April 15th of this year?

  11. Dorothy October 28, 2013 at 7:06 pm Reply

    Let’s say for example I am filing a late return for 2008 tax return using California FTB Form 100 tax return in CA. I know I have to pay that tax owe that year along w/ the penalties and interest.

    How do calculate the penalties & interest for that late filing?

  12. Lucius December 14, 2013 at 10:55 pm Reply

    I need to send my parent’s federal tax return in but I can’t find it in my parents folder of tax documents. Could somebody show me what it looks like? I tried googling it on google image but it sometimes shows up as 1040 form.

  13. Mohamed December 16, 2013 at 11:49 pm Reply

    I filed my tax return sometime around the beginning of march, and I haven’t received my refund yet. I want to check the status of my return, but I can’t remember for the life of me what website I used to file (I know, I know, should have written it down in a safe place). Is there anyway I can check on it? Should I send a paper copy, just to be sure it was received?

  14. Florencia February 21, 2014 at 3:55 am Reply

    please help me, tis yeah i have worked with 3 employers. i lodged my 1st tax return and got my refund back. the other 2 tax returns were rejected, they said that i already lodged a tax return. does this mean than i have to wait for the next year?

  15. Lavern February 21, 2014 at 4:00 am Reply

    I filed for my income tax return on H&R block in PA and afterword i received one more w-2 for my wife that we completely forgot about from early 2011. Well we received our refund and now i know i have to amend it or something. But my question is what is the entire process I have to go through to get that done? Thanks for your time

  16. Willena February 21, 2014 at 4:07 am Reply

    im 19 n i had my first job in 2011 can i apply for tax return even though i only worked there for like 2 months

  17. Sidney February 21, 2014 at 4:44 am Reply

    My dad wants to file his tax return for next year but he is angry because he was fired and cut all ties with his boss. He cannot get any W-2. Is there a substitute form that he can use to send with his 1040? Can he get his tax return as soon as possible next year? Please help
    No He WonT!! Thats What Ive been trying to say that mailing address is having a problem

    Is ther a substitute form he can use instead? Like last years 1040 transcript?? to fill out and confirm everything?
    I heard that the IRS provides secondary forms that you can fill out instead. Does anyone know the forms and when you can send them though the fax machine like before feb 15?
    I know he cant file until next year, he’s fuming about his boss right now. Something about an altercation he told me and my mom not to worry. But I mean can he use something called an 8821 form to ask form a W2 from the IRS building in person?

  18. Barrett February 21, 2014 at 5:00 am Reply

    Ok, dumb question, do i have to mail my W-2’s along with tax returns, first year…. also its may 16th, can i still get a refund i i file today?

  19. Yetta February 21, 2014 at 5:11 am Reply

    i had just started school at the time and i was told that the accounting group of my school where realy good, at the end i didn’t got any tax returns and i thought it was normal i did’nt knew much about taxes now im really sure that it was fill wrong is there any place i can get it check other than H&R Block? or what should i do???

  20. Noah February 21, 2014 at 5:12 am Reply

    My college emailed me asking for my 2010 tax return and W-2 but i dont think i have those. I never had a job or anything. What does this mean?

  21. Darwin February 21, 2014 at 5:32 am Reply

    My husband and I filed a joint return on 1/26 (accepted 1/27 am). I checked WMR today and it’s changed from 2/8 to 2/22 but when I check my SS# it’s still says 2/8. Are we stuck with the 22nd?
    No itemized deductions. We only got EIC for kids. Hmm… Our return has been the same for the last 3yrs so I don’t see why there would be issue now.

  22. Migdalia February 21, 2014 at 5:44 am Reply

    when i file my taxes do i get money back? or do i have to pay? whats the basics about w-2 forms from jobs?

  23. Arnoldo February 21, 2014 at 6:13 am Reply

    I want to know some tips on how to get most of my money back on my tax return. I am 20 years old and i make about $29,000 a year. I claim 0 dependents, I am a part time student in college, and i own my own home. my tax withholdings for 2007 were about $2,900. Is it possible to get all of my money back?

  24. Domingo February 21, 2014 at 6:23 am Reply

    I have two tax returns because I work two jobs….It says I will get a lot back when I do them separately on the tax calculator available on HR blocks website. I think that is wrong, since I claim 3 from BOTH jobs here is my first tax return:

    my second one I will have to type out:
    Box 1: 20,025.46 (wages, tips, other comp.)
    Box 2: 336.48 (federal income tax withheld)

    Box 4: 1241.58 (social security tax withheld)

    Box 6: 290.37 (medicare tax withheld)

    What will my tax return be all together?
    that includes one child I will be claiming… if that needs to be known
    So add up all what I made for each box? I wont have to put like 6 dependants now will I? lol stupid question, I know.

  25. Tommy February 21, 2014 at 6:30 am Reply

    We have court orders stating that my husband and I can file for both of my step sons on our tax return, b/c we are not getting any support from their mom. We got a call from out tax man stating one of the boys SS# was used on another return (their mom).

  26. Dorthea February 21, 2014 at 6:56 am Reply

    Hi all

    I lived and worked for 2 months in 2006 in IL.

    I was then employed by an employer in KS for 10 months and the employer paid KS taxes. I lived in IL during this time.

    How do I file this tax return? Does it matter that I’ve lived in IL while paying KS taxes?


  27. Kiera February 21, 2014 at 7:25 am Reply

    I worked in 2 different states and I have to file a state tax return in each. Does anyone know if on that states tax return do I only show the money made in that state or does it have to include both states?

  28. Pearlie February 21, 2014 at 9:00 am Reply

    I am a L1 Visa holder and came to US in the month of Sep 2009. I am expecting my wife to travel during the last week of Dec. In this case, can I claim her as a dependent while filing tax return for the year 2009.
    Yes. I will be in here till Dec 2009 and will be staying in US atleast till Jul 2010

  29. Iliana February 21, 2014 at 9:28 am Reply

    I make 18,000 a year, I have two children and I am single. I live in the state of Florida. How much in tax return would I get for my 2 children. I am trying to buy a home and have about 7,000 saved already?

  30. Antione February 21, 2014 at 9:43 am Reply

    I am having a problem. NCP owes $14,000 in arrears in child support. Last minimal payment I received from him was 9/2007. He has another child support case in another state. My state(NJ) has filed for the federal income tax intercept for the past (2) years, however I have yet to receive anything. The other case (VA) has received in excess of 3,000 last year and another 3,200 this year from the NCP’s (PA) income tax return.I have contacted my child support office and the IRS. Both tell me they are not involved in determining where the money is distributed. Also, neither can give me any information on who I need to call. I really was depending on some of this money this year. It is getting very hard to raise my son without help and I am starting to drown. How can I find out what is happening and why my son is being ignored. The other child is no better than my son, and they should be treated equally.I appreciate any assistance, if you need any more info, please ask.
    The other mother was on TANF, however with the last tax refund, they were paid up and she received the rest of the balance of 2,500. He has no other children, no other cases. No other debts.

    I have tried to work with my Child support Agency, however he is in another state. They will not bring him to court for non-payment, place an arrest warrant, or follow up on leads. They will not return my phone calls. Since I couldnt get a response from them, the Court Admin Offices, or supervisors, I asked for help from local officials and for the past 4 months I have been in contact with the Senator and a few State Reps. They finally were able to push the Agency to register the case in his home state of PA.

    I have since left 3 messages over the past 2 weeks for the Child Support Agency about the taxes, and what my ex had stated, however no return calls again.

    I know that they hold the $$$ before distribution, and I wanted someone to work on getting a share for my son.

  31. Ryan February 21, 2014 at 9:57 am Reply

    I’m not sure what the bug deal is about Romney showing his tax returns, he showed two years already, why are people badgering him about it? A persons tax records says nothing about his ability to run a country. Has Obama showed his tax returns legitimately and Biden. And by the way, Obama has not shown his legitimize birth certificate, just a copy, meaning it could be fake actually. He applied at Colombia university for aid as a foreign student.
    Big deal* pardon the spelling error
    Pennybarr, no his citizenship hasn’t been verified many times, please do your research, thanks!

  32. Ervin February 21, 2014 at 10:10 am Reply

    I have a niece that i already claimed on my 2008 tax return, along with my 2 children. I did not recieve the eic for my niece only my two children. I went on ahead and amended my tax return to have my niece removed. She only live with me off and on through out the year. And with her grandparent the rest of the year. Her grandparent have full custody of the child. My question is since i amended the return to have her removed, can her grand parents still claim her on their return. They have not filed yet. And I have sent in the payment for the difference since she was removed. Can someone please give me info on how to go about this situation.
    No i was not trying to scam the irs. my niece live me off and on through out the year time sometimes week and sometime months. i answered all the questions honestly and told them a estimate of the time she lived with me, and i did tell them it was a estimate and they told me I was able to claim her. But to me considering my parents have custody and she lived with them during the year also, and they did pay most of her support for the year it is better for them to be able to claim her. Im not a tax preparer and am unaware of the tax rules and regulatons. I was just wanting to know if it is okay for my parents to go and claim her on thier tax return.

  33. Darwin February 21, 2014 at 10:39 am Reply

    My mother in-law just became legalized to work in the US at the end of 2010. She has worked all of 2011 and paid taxes. I have been in school full time pursuing my degree. She has lived with me all of 2011 and she was the sole provider for everyone while I have been out of work.

    So, she claimed my two kids on her tax return since she has provided all of the support. Of course I did not file taxes because I have been unemployed.

    She got a letter from the IRS stating that they are holding the return for further audit. It says not to contact them within 45 days of the receipt of the letter. It has been a month since she got that letter. What could be the hold up? She filed her taxes in mid-March. And she did not e-file.
    I was not working, which means she took care of everything.
    I have checked It just states “Your refund has been accepted and is being reviewed”. That is it.

  34. Terrence February 21, 2014 at 11:33 am Reply

    What is the deal with this 300$ everyone is supposed to get? I already filed , and got my 62$ tax return.

    Who is eligable?
    What do I need?

    Can someone just explain this to me as simply as possible

  35. Robert February 21, 2014 at 12:06 pm Reply

    I am a software professional. I earn about 1 lakh indian rupees. I am not a tax payee as my anual income is less then 1.1 lakh. But I want to enter return on income. I have PAN card.
    Please reply me the detail procedure of doing this or if you prefer, tell me the name of books rerading income tax return.

  36. Miyoko February 21, 2014 at 12:47 pm Reply

    I am a waitress and my employer lost the lease to the business. I have not received my w-2 and need to file my taxes.

  37. Lesley February 21, 2014 at 12:48 pm Reply

    I still haven’t received the last of my w-2’s. I need to submit my tax returns this week and I need to know what kind of stipulations go with amending your return. Is it something that has to be an emergency or what?? Someone please help me understand what to do with my return.
    I need to complete my return because I am leaving the state. It is something that I need to do. What I need to know is how to amend, or if amending is something that has certain regulations.

  38. Trang February 21, 2014 at 1:21 pm Reply

    Our lawyer asked us to get him our 2010 tax return. What exactly does a 2010 tax return look like? If anyone can give me a link for a picture of what it looks like, or explain it to the point where I’ll know, I’d appreciate it.


  39. Emely February 21, 2014 at 2:00 pm Reply

    Hi all,
    My partner is trying to fill in his online tax return online which will be his first one.
    It will be covering the period when he first started self employment Feb ’11 to April ’11.
    We have all the paperwork for income etc but it is the employment status bit which is confusing.
    He works for an agency as a subcontractor for a specific company. The company pay the agency then he receives payslip from agency but has no tax or N.I. deducted.
    The tax return asks if he is an employee, director or agency worker does he need to fill in employment section he has checked yes as the agency pay his money and it asks employer name, but because of this it asks for PAYE code which of course he wont have as no tax is deducted at source. Under this it is asking if self employed he has also checked yes and it is asking for business name which he does not have so he is not sure if he is checking the right boxes. By ticking both is this implying he works for both himself and another company?
    As the deadline is looming he is eager to get it over and done with and correctly. An accountant is out of the question as after a couple of enquiries it will be too costly and this return only has to cover 2 months, but he will certainly think about using one to submit next years accounts.
    Thankyou in advance if anyone can help out with this.

  40. Corie February 21, 2014 at 2:00 pm Reply

    When I first had my daughter I was living with my cousin who took care of both of us so she claimed my daughter..I then got 2 jobs and was able to file my own 2011 taxes… I was only sent half and found out they needed proof that my kid was mines b4 they sent out the rest of the info. I never got around to bc the money wasn’t desperately needed….. Well I filed my 2012 taxes and of course I claimed my daughter.. Do u think I should just send in the proof from my daughters doctor without them asking?? Just I case?? The hold time is 2 long

  41. Joey February 21, 2014 at 2:01 pm Reply

    I worked 2 different jobs in the year 2009. I received one W2 today and the other one I am waiting for has not arrived. Every time I call and ask when I will receive my other W2 form they always have some excuse and say “there is a delay next week they will be sent out” and they have told me this for the last 4 weeks. They told me this in 2008 and they never even sent me a W2 for 2008. I have an appointment on Wednesday to have my taxes done so I can’t wait for the other one. Can I just file one W2 tax form on wednesday and file the second whenever it arrives? Do I have to file them together? I need to know if it’s possible to file them at separate times. Thanks

  42. Rolando February 21, 2014 at 2:05 pm Reply

    I plan on going away in March and I always forget when the hell I get my tax returns, or when the earliest I can get them is? Huge help if someone can let me know. I live in Massachusetts, don’t know if that matters or not. Thanks!

  43. Carmon February 21, 2014 at 2:30 pm Reply

    If a company fail to give people back the tax return on purpose.
    Is there any law against that?
    Thank you.
    Thank you for the answers. I mean I didn’t receive the W-2. where can I report that ?

  44. Terrell February 21, 2014 at 2:33 pm Reply

    The year 2005 my dad claimed me and I claimed myself for tax returns. Later in Dec 2006 we both got a letter saying that one of us ows money back. I have a learning disibility so I dont understand taxes that well. My dad is making me pay half of what he is paying on my tax return. Is this right? should I be paying or should he be paying full? I work full time and only make about $14,000 a year. He makes $60,000 a year
    The year 2005 my dad claimed me and I claimed myself for tax returns. Later in Dec 2006 we both got a letter saying that one of us ows money back. I have a learning disibility so I dont understand taxes that well. My dad is making me pay half of what he is paying on my tax return. Is this right? should I be paying or should he be paying full? I work full time and only make about $14,000 a year. He makes $60,000 a year. Im 23 and I own him rent every month.

  45. Mari February 21, 2014 at 2:44 pm Reply

    Our tax returns were accepted 01/30/2013. WMR shows the 3 bars and the received part is filed in, and has been since the 30th. It also says “We have received your tax return and it is being processed.” It has been saying those same things since day 1! Has this happened to anyone else? Does this mean I was flagged possibly? We are receiving around 8K, we have a lot of taxes taken out throughout the year and have 3 EIC’s, we deserve our large refund. Any help would be appreciated. If anyone else has seen this message please let me know if you have received a refund. Plesse no smarta** answers. 🙂 Thank you!
    And we’re no desperate for this money, we don’t mind waiting, but it just seems odd its been like this for 2 weeks!

  46. Lawrence February 21, 2014 at 2:46 pm Reply

    In 2011 I had a job for about 4 months, then got laid off and began receiving Unemployment for the rest of the year. I did some research and found out that if I file separately I will get a better tax Return refund. My question: Is it possible to file 2 separate tax Returns or is this illegal?

  47. Vergie February 21, 2014 at 3:35 pm Reply

    Saw the ad on TV saying you dont need your W-2s to start filing… how can they do that? Can they really submit a return without a w-2?
    Alright, one more question to go along with this. For my girlfriend who goes to school Full Time, Works Full time most weeks and We have a 2 year old son, would getting our taxes done somewhere get a higher return then us using say Turbo Tax? Are those types of places really good at Finding more deductions or should i stick with doing them for her on Turbo Tax for free? oh and we rent an apartment..

  48. Faustino February 21, 2014 at 3:41 pm Reply

    I e-filed on Oct 15. It was rejected on Oct 16. I realize I have till 10/25 to send a paper
    return. However, today I found out I do not have the paper W-2 sent from my employer and 1099-INT from banks for interest income. I requested duplicate W2 and 1099-INT, but they would take about two weeks to reach me by post. I expect a refund around 350.

    I had entered the information in TaxAct software in Mar 2012 so I have all the information but not the paper W-2 and 1099. What are my options?

    1. Print W-2 from the TaxAct software, send it with paper return(along with rejection message and receipt of extension till Oct 15, 2012), then when I receive the duplicate W-2 and 1099-INT, send that with a note these are for my tax return?

    2. Or, are some other process needs to be followed?

  49. Bailey February 21, 2014 at 3:53 pm Reply

    I know I seem a bit impatient, but I would like to know if anyone thinks it is possible to receive my tax return by March 5th? I mailed out my tax forms on 2/5/2012, and still have not heard anything. Even “Where’s my Refund?” shows nothing for me. Kinda nervous, really need the $$$ like most Americans.

  50. Dell February 21, 2014 at 4:39 pm Reply

    I received a W-2 in a state I do not reside in and a 1099-MISC in the state I do reside in. Do I need to file a state tax return if I did not have any money withheld for the state I reside in? Or do I just need to file one for the state I don’t reside in?
    How do I know if there is an agreement between the two states, they are CT and NJ if that helps.

  51. Luke February 21, 2014 at 4:43 pm Reply

    Quick and probably easy question. This is my first year sending off my tax return I’m sending my 1040 form off today. Do I attach only the W-2 Federal filing copy slip or all slips (state and city)? Additionally I am a Maryland resident, but attend college in Georgia, so am I correct in assuming I mail this to the Tax Return address for Maryland residents?


  52. Mira February 21, 2014 at 4:59 pm Reply

    Last year was the first year i filed taxes, so I only have 1 year to show the bank. I have good credit, money for the down payment, and have had the same job for over 3 years, and can show an increase in income over those 3 years. The only thing holding me back is the fact that I won’t be filing taxes for the second time until January. Due to my current personal situation, buying a house this year would be much more beneficial to me. Is there any possibility that I can receive a mortgage without that second year of tax returns?

    Thanks for any feedback!
    Thanks for the feedback, and to answer the question below, I was a student and still living at home, so my parents were still claiming me as a dependent. I hope banks wouldn’t hold that against me, however judging by the responses, and the information I have been able to find online, it seems I would have to be very lucky to find a lender that will work with me without the second year of returns.
    Thanks for all your concerns about me not filing for a tax return last year…. but thats not my question. I made less than the minimum filing requirements for both california and federal filing requirements, which happen to be around $15,000 for someone with no dependents and under the age of 65. Thanks to those of you that actually gave input on the question.

  53. Charlott February 21, 2014 at 5:05 pm Reply

    How much money did I have to earn in order to file a tax return? Can I take the last paycheck stub that I have from my previuos employer instead of a W2?

  54. Loni February 21, 2014 at 5:09 pm Reply

    I had e-filed and it was rejected because my ex got to his taxes first. I called the IRS and was told to mail it in and they would send out notices and investigate when they processed my return with the same ssn. What can I expect? Has anyone been through this? We were never married. We lived with him for 3 months out of the entire last year. I supported our son on my own (I have copies of 2 checks he gave me for all of last year, totaling $350) he still saw him but it’s been random. I do have a child support case opened on him but it’s yet to see a courtroom. How will I prove support? Is it all on me to do so? I do know that his tax returns from years previous are questionable, if I have them take a look at those, will that be enough?
    There is no court ordered custody in place. My son is only 1 so there are no school records and I ended up having to quit my job in order to take care of him. I did have a babysitter for quite some time to watch him while I was at work. She is a family member though. Would it suffice if I provided an affidavit from her?

  55. Gary February 21, 2014 at 5:29 pm Reply

    Hi, a friend of mine asked me what box on the W-2 tells you how much to expect for your tax return. I have no idea, but 10 points goes to whoever does!!!

  56. Willie February 21, 2014 at 5:35 pm Reply

    Need 2 file my W2,,,

    I made $5300 this yr/My mom made $14,000 but is on SSI-SocialSecurityDisability so she cant file.

    I need 2 maximize my return bc I am applying for FAFSA after my return & ths would help me ALOT! 😛

    Thanks in ADVANCE

    GoD Bless

  57. Rolando February 21, 2014 at 6:04 pm Reply

    Can I claim my daughter on my tax return if she lives in another country but I support her?

  58. Ronnie February 21, 2014 at 6:17 pm Reply

    I had not submitted my returns last year.What r the problems i may face while submitting this yrs return? And what is the solution.Original copies of my LIC policies for which i was claiming tax deduction has gone missing for which i have applied for a duplicate.Shall i have to furnish copies of those while filing for my return.It was being deducted thru my salary

  59. Calvin February 21, 2014 at 6:25 pm Reply

    Do i need to lodge a individual tax return and a business one separately? I worked as my own business for 3 months. The rest of the time was under an employer.

  60. Shawn February 21, 2014 at 6:36 pm Reply

    Could someone please share in details how to file taxes in Canada using information from W-2 and US federal and the State tax return?
    Hi, I need to file taxes in Canada as i have residential ties here. CRA looks at what I have really paid on the federal and states return. I have see on yahoo answers before people saying add the taxes paid from W-2 and subtract any refund got in US but I don’t think that’s it because W-2 shows the tax withheld not what you actually end up paying in US.
    I’m filing as resident and need to file both federal and provincial

  61. Crystle February 21, 2014 at 6:59 pm Reply

    I have been collecting unemployment since last year. Taxes are being held like normal income so I was woundering if I would get a tax return like when I had a normal income…

  62. Alfredo February 21, 2014 at 7:10 pm Reply

    I just started working few months ago and have never done this before. I still live with my parents -24 years old. What is the best option for me in filing my tax return? Should I file as a dependent w/ my parents or independently?

  63. Gene February 21, 2014 at 7:11 pm Reply

    I came to the US few months back so i very unknown abt the way tax and tax returns work here. I have 3 three children, 18,13 and 9. I have not started work till now. I want to know what should i have to do to get my tax return. I guess I have to work and pay some taxes to be eligible. How much of tax should I pay in total to get my tax return for these children. what other factors do i have to consider? what other things do i have to know?.. waiting for your answer
    I am legally divorced,i have the cutody of my children.
    I came 7 months ago on december 2011.
    my childrens live with me.
    i came as a refugee, i have a employment card.

  64. Clorinda February 21, 2014 at 7:56 pm Reply

    Since I am 19, I do have to file a tax return. I live in Canada.
    I have 3 different T4 from 3 different jobs. (And yes i am in college)

  65. Adolph February 21, 2014 at 7:59 pm Reply

    i just observed that my tax preparer made some heavy ….charitable deductions on tax returns for the last 2 years and I am now freaking out like crazy (about 5% of my total income each year…i make under 100k…but close to it) …..:(( … I simply want to call the gov, tell them i made a mistake and return the money back asap….how do i do this easily while avoiding penalities etc ,,,since i am doing this on my own…and not after they caught me ? any suggestions ???? plz respond only if u don’t enjoy being mean to strangers and would like to help genuinely !

  66. Allen February 21, 2014 at 8:12 pm Reply

    Does tax return means taking back some of the paid tax? I am an international student. In my country, people pay 10% of their salary monthly for tax and that’s all. So, I don’t really get what people mean by “Income tax return”. Please help!!!!!!!!!!

  67. Tommye February 21, 2014 at 8:23 pm Reply

    If I get insurance which is like $150 a month can I claim this on my tax returns?
    I know I can file returns b/c I only work part-time, am a dependent, make $5,500 a year and my medical expenses are already like close to $1,000 (medical expenses amount to more than 7.5% of my AGI so I know I qualify for tax returns) (ambulance, plus money paid at clinics/small health departments [w/o insurance] )… Also I have to get insurance so I was just wondering if I can claim this on my tax returns that would be great. Here is one link I found…

  68. Alva February 21, 2014 at 8:46 pm Reply

    I started being self employment in June last year. (2010) when is my tax return due? I guess it will be for tax year April 2010 to April 2011.
    I am new to this so get very confused

  69. Lawerence February 21, 2014 at 9:03 pm Reply

    I was divorced earlier this year. My husband and I filed our 2005 tax return jointly so I filed an injury to spouse allocation form to recieve my portion of the tax return. …so I thought (as did my CPA). When my refund never came, I called the IRS and they said that an injury to spouse form only prevents you from being responsible for any of your spouse’s debt. They informed me that they could not split up the tax return and that they had sent the entire refund check to my ex’s address. My ex, of course, said that I wouldn’t see a penny of the money. My question is…do both parties have to sign the tax return check for it to be deposited? And if so…is it possible that he forged my name and what should I do if that is the case?

  70. Terrell February 21, 2014 at 9:11 pm Reply

    its been several years since i filed a tax return. during this period i have not worked much and although im over the 6,000 threshold, im under the tax payable threshold when you add on the low income tax offset for these years. Am i still required to file the returns?

  71. Garry February 21, 2014 at 9:20 pm Reply

    I have worked at Randalls and Pier 1 in the past, and both places filed it for me I guess? I don’t know, I just remember that a tax return check came in the mail all of the sudden one day, lucky me.

    Now though, I work at a small business and have worked here for over a year. I get paid weekly, and get a lot taken out of each paycheck so I’m assuming it’s going to be big. How do I file for it though? Is my employer supposed to take care of this for me or what? I’m worried about missing out on my tax return because my employer is kind of slack about things like this, and I want to make sure I get it. What should I do?
    No need to be rude people. When I got those checks in the mail, no they were not the government rebate, they were tax returns. When my W2 came in the mail my mother may have sent it off for me because this was back when I was still living at home, I am no longer a dependent though so I obviously have to do it myself. I would appreciate it if someone could give me some simple, step by step instructions on how to go about taking care of this. Simply saying “see a professional” isn’t going to help, I can’t afford to pay someone to explain or file my taxes for me right now.. unless it’s very cheap.

    10 points to who ever can refrain from being rude and actually tell me what I need to do.

  72. Miyoko February 21, 2014 at 9:23 pm Reply

    Is that only for students who work and have income? Do I have to complete the IRS Retrieval for Student Tax Return if I’m going to work this upcoming Fall? Thanks!

  73. Salena February 21, 2014 at 9:24 pm Reply

    Does anyone know the rate of tax return when your a individual and temporary resident? would i claim all may tax? my total gross income is around $18,000 to $19, tax is around $5,500 i just started working last January because i just got here in Australia last December. any accountants or anyone who know’s this please help me out……thanks…

  74. Gene February 21, 2014 at 9:28 pm Reply

    I am moving and have packed away my 2008 Federal Tax Return. I need a copy for the bank for a house loan.

  75. Bruna February 21, 2014 at 9:29 pm Reply

    I have an outstanding medical bill that has been sent to a creditor and I have been sued over it. They have attempted to garnish my wages but I do not work enough to garnish. Can they take my tax returns?
    To respond to Bobbie: Yes, I know they can take the funds from my bank account. They garnished my account last summer and I have since closed the account and have not opened another one! If they only garnish my state, that’s good bc it’s only $49! HAHA!

  76. Aron February 21, 2014 at 9:34 pm Reply

    Colleges want me to send them a coy of my mother’s signed tax returns ( most gave me a deadline of 4 weeks). But I am having a hard time getting her to get a copy.

    So how do you get a copy? I have no idea how she filed but if she has to make a request to the IRS how long will it take for them to arrive and how much does it cost, as well as her W-2 forms?

    I am wanting to apply to about five different colleges and if I do, do I need five different copies or is there a way I can just use one copy? Thanks.

  77. Alene February 21, 2014 at 9:45 pm Reply

    I live in NC and filed my tax returns over two weeks ago. Why hasnnt the bleepity bleep government given me my money?
    No im 18 dont have kids or no itemize
    if any yeah im getting $2000 back

  78. Rodger February 21, 2014 at 9:45 pm Reply

    How many years worth of tax returns will be enough to understand the extent of his tax cheat schemes?

  79. Orval February 21, 2014 at 9:51 pm Reply

    im 16 and from australia, i work a part time job. and tax returns are in.
    ive earnd approx $8000, and been taxed aprox $600.
    what will i end up gettin back, all my $600? or be decuted 15 cents a dollar 2000 times since im over $6001, i dont know whats goin on, PLEASE HELP ME. much appreciated

  80. Dino February 21, 2014 at 9:55 pm Reply

    After my boyfriend filed for taxes and received his income tax refund, he received a letter from the IRS saying that they were reviewing his tax return and they requested some information. My boyfriend had a paid preparer file his taxes and I was wondering if it is the preparer’s responsibility if the return is incorrect or does it even matter?

  81. Dorthea February 21, 2014 at 10:00 pm Reply

    What is tax return? I have a job – started a month ago and i hear people here and there talk about it but I have no idea what it is.

    m 15 years old living in New Zealand and i get tax deducted from my pay but I thought it goes to the government – do you get it back? Can someone please tell me what is a tax-return,
    how to get it, the reason/purpose of it and when do we get it?


  82. Barrett February 21, 2014 at 10:03 pm Reply

    I know they can seize and take your tax returns if you are in default but how long until they do that? My boyfriend has been in default for a while and still the haven’t taken his taxes. How long do they wait?

  83. Carlotta February 21, 2014 at 10:04 pm Reply

    … since it’s not possible to transfer any tuition amounts carried forward from previous years, is it possible to reduce the tuition amount claimed in a previous years tax return to 0 (using a T1 Adjustment Request), particularily if the amount has not been used in reducing any Federal Tax?

  84. Elfrieda February 21, 2014 at 10:06 pm Reply

    So i filed my tax return on the 3rd. it’s been 14 days now, when do i get my tax return? I live in
    canada btw if that matters

  85. Alise February 21, 2014 at 10:07 pm Reply

    i have lost my 2009 tax returns so i do not know my agi and would like to obtain a copy or transcript

  86. Kristopher February 21, 2014 at 10:15 pm Reply

    Very small business, hardly any profit at all, didnt complete a tax return for 04-05, sending in with already late return for 05-06. Know we will be fined, our own fault.
    Any rough guide to how much we could be looking at?
    hundreds or thousands??
    Quite possibly NO profit at all!!

  87. Sallie February 21, 2014 at 10:15 pm Reply

    Hi, i am an overseas student who currently working as a casual and earning $380 weekly but paying like $111 for the tax. Someone saying that i can have a tax return at the end of financial year…
    so, When is it? and how much i can get it back? all of it??
    Thanks for you help, i appreciate for that ^ ^

  88. Ronnie February 21, 2014 at 10:20 pm Reply

    in 2007 me and my brother worked and we both paid our taxes, but we never did tax return. my brother paid about 5.5 to 6 grand that year in tax and i paid about 3 to 3.5 grand in tax. so i wana know if we can still do a tax return after this much time, and if yes how much approximately we be getting back. oh and is there a particular time that can apply for it or no. thnks

  89. Moira February 21, 2014 at 10:22 pm Reply

    The guy who does our tax returns is a complete idiot! I just read online that if you bought a new car in 2009, you can get tax return on it… or if ur a college student and buy books and on other stuff that I was never aware of. He never once mentioned it to us. We pay him $350 to do taxes for 4 ppl…and its just simple tax returns. We don’t owe any businesses or anything. Anyways…where can I find a good accountant to do taxes? Can I call the IRS? What should i do??

  90. Hollis February 21, 2014 at 10:23 pm Reply

    how to fill sale tax return

  91. Janean February 21, 2014 at 10:33 pm Reply

    Can anyone help?
    I am a self employed joiner who hasn’t completed any tax returns for the last three financial years.

    I sub contract to companies, who when they pay me deduct tax at the normal rate.
    At the end of each month I receive a CIS voucher to proove how much tax I have paid.

    My problem is that I have just received two estimated tax bills for a total of £6000 for two of the previous tax years.

    I have gave all of my receipts and CIS vouchers for the last three years to an accountant who is currently doing my tax returns for me.

    My question is this because these are estimated bills and that my tax returns are being worked on at the moment (I have paid taxes (CIS vouchers))

    Am I still liable for these bills?
    Am i screwed?

    or will this all go away when my tax returns are complete?

    please if anyone has some experience in these matters could you please give me some good news


  92. Annis February 21, 2014 at 10:37 pm Reply

    I got job recently like nov 1st week of this year.I am doing part time i am supposed to receive 4 pay check for this year.
    So my question is am i eligible to take tax returns in this year? and may i know about tax returns and eligibility of tax?
    Pls kindly help me….
    **I am sorry.I am asking about tax Refunds…not tax returns

  93. Mollie February 21, 2014 at 10:38 pm Reply

    How much does the property tax help in the amount of tax return?
    I noticed not a big difference before and owning owning my house.
    sorry a typo there.

  94. Kortney February 21, 2014 at 10:40 pm Reply

    What does it mean to be audited and more specifically by the tax man? Also, what does filing a tax return mean?

  95. Cortney February 21, 2014 at 10:41 pm Reply

    I’m just wondering how the IRS checks tax returns for errors. Of all the people that do returns every year they can’t have someone check each one individually can they?
    Is that why it takes so long for people to get their returns back?

  96. Nola February 21, 2014 at 10:51 pm Reply

    I got my tax return back a couple of weeks ago and i was wandering what is the lowest amount of money that you can make in one year before you absolutely have to fill out your taxes?
    Yes your right it wasnt my return it was my W2 forum. Sorry about the confusion

  97. Eleonor February 21, 2014 at 10:52 pm Reply

    does any1 know how long it takes to receive your income tax refund? it’s a paper return requesting for my funds to be direct deposited. i dropped off the return at the tax office today in surrey (BC). thanks.

  98. Collen February 21, 2014 at 10:55 pm Reply

    When Can I file Tax Return for 2010? Thanks you for your help

  99. Jerica February 21, 2014 at 11:00 pm Reply

    I was never issued a 1099 tax return until this year, where I made 15K.

    I’m unemployed now, so I used the free AARP tax return service in my city. The guy was nice, but after he did my tax return, I owe $2000 in fed, $200 City and $86 state (and this is after I deducted my expenses for buying a computer, cameras, mileage for my job.)

    I’m thinking about getting my tax return amended by another service to see if there are more deductions that my first tax guy missed.

    Does anybody know what deductions I should look for to help decrease my payment? Also, if I am stuck paying my original amount, what payments are out there to help people who has very little money to pay.

  100. Deane February 21, 2014 at 11:05 pm Reply

    i was wondering about who can attach your income tax return and take it to pay past due accounts or debts. i know that if you have student or government loans that are in default that they can take your return to pay on those, and i know that if you owe any kind of court costs or fines they can also take your return, and i also know that if you are behind on any kind of child support that they can also take your return. but can anyone else take it? like if you own something like a credit card company, or a utility bill or money to a land lord for past due rent or something? i am asking because i have a sister in law who is not very responsible about paying her bills the way that she should and she is expecting a very large return soon, and i keep telling her that i hope no one that she owes money to is able to get it before it is deposited in to her account, but she keeps insisting that even though she owes so many past due bills/loans that no one can do take it. is she right? or am i right? she owes everything that i have mentioned above except for the child support. who has a right to take her refund?

  101. Xiao February 21, 2014 at 11:05 pm Reply

    I’m applying for tax return. The problem is that I sent all the documents including p45 part 2 and 3 to the wrong tax office address. Now I’m wondering what should I do? What are they going to do with my p45? are they going to send it back to me? thanks for any help
    yes, everything had my NI, tax reference no. and all other information. Will they send those forms to my proper tax office?

  102. Roger February 21, 2014 at 11:12 pm Reply

    ok my partner has been un able to lodge his 2006-2007 tax return due to his old boss refusing to give a group certificate, now its 2008 and its still not sorted and i want to lodge this years so i can get my family tax benifit payment. the tax office has been stuffing us around for ages and we really do not no what is going on. does anyone have any advice

  103. Del February 21, 2014 at 11:13 pm Reply

    i started working at walmart on november 1st 2010 and i was wondering whats the process of doing tax returns and if i could get one

  104. Emmett February 21, 2014 at 11:13 pm Reply

    The college i have enrolled require a tax return transcript. I wonder that do they accept it for the individual income tax return ( 1040 form) ?

  105. Whitney February 21, 2014 at 11:16 pm Reply

    I lost my last years tax return in our recent move and I can’t find them anywhere! I have checked everywhere and I am hoping they were not thrown out. Is there any ways I can get them emailed to me and fast? I am trying to take some classes for college and need them to fill out the fafsa papers.

    Any help is appreciated 🙂

  106. Thomasena February 26, 2014 at 9:25 pm Reply

    So, all of last year I worked a traditional 9-5 type job, and for a few months I made additional income through the internet. It’s time to file for my tax return, as well as pay for the income taxes owed on said additional income. Do I file these both at the same time? If so, would my tax return generally cancel out the taxes owed? Granted that the return would be larger than the owed amount, which I believe should be the case, but even if it isn’t would it still knock off some? Or I suppose I could ask this- could I use my tax return to pay said owed debt? I haven’t had to deal with a 1099 before so I’m a tad confused, any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Or, must I file my return separately and pay the owed income tax separately? I forgot to add this into the main question so I’ll just add it here. Once again thank you for any guidance here.

  107. Alberto March 8, 2014 at 6:29 pm Reply

    What is a tax return? My friend said all the income taxes that have been taken off his check at work, he is able to get back by doing tax returns. Could somebody give me a detailed explanation of a tax return? Thank you!
    Ohhh i see. Is it true whenever you buy anything with tax like groceries from a supermarket that when you save the receipt and all the taxes you paid from going to the store and buying anything else with taxes on them that the tax will be returned to you too?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *