Plumber Insurance

or copy the link

If you are a plumber, you will need to purchase plumber insurance which will protect you from financial loss resulting from any action taken by a third party for the damage he has suffered due to your work.

There are plumbers who install plumbing in new buildings before any finish work is over. In case, any of the water lines leak once the finish work has started, claims can be made against you by third parties because of the damage you have indirectly caused to the water lines. To avoid paying a high compensation for this damage, it is best to go for plumber insurance. This policy will help you prevent a shutdown of your business as well.

Coverage Offered by Plumber Insurance

The following coverages are provided by this insurance policy.

Public liability insurance: This coverage protects you against claims made by the public who have been injured or whose properties have been damaged due to your plumbing work. It is extremely essential to apply for this coverage if you are a self-employed plumber.

Employers’ liability coverage: Whether you have permanent or temporary staff, you should apply for this coverage, as it is mandatory to do so (according to the law).

Plumbers’ liability insurance: This coverage includes the following components.

Van insurance: A van is an essential requirement for any plumber, as he needs to carry a huge load of equipments when he goes out for plumbing work. So, he needs to purchase van insurance. However, being a plumber, you will get this policy for commercial purposes only.
Plumber’s equipments and tools: If your tools and equipments are stolen or have suffered damage, then you can buy another set of tools with this policy coverage.

Legal expenses: You may need to defend yourself if any legal action is taken by a third party against the damage you may have caused to them due to your plumbing work. The legal expenses are paid through your liability policy.

Accident coverage: This policy compensates the loss you incur when you are unable to work as a plumber due to an accident.

Know more about Plasterers Insurance

Comments: 25

  1. Eugenio March 16, 2013 at 12:35 am Reply

    If an electrician (or plumber or any other professional) comes to my home and injures himself (in the case of an electrician, he electricutes himself) do I have any liability? Does it matter if he’s a licensed professional or not? What if he damages my home – like a ladder falls and breaks a window? When an electrician says he’s “insured” does it mean he’s covered for damage to my home or damage to himself? Or both? Thanks to all who can provide some answers!

  2. Ronald April 21, 2013 at 3:29 am Reply

    im 17 left collage almost and will be working as a plumber. Ideally i would like a van for carrying my tools d bits and bobs but i dont no if its possible to get insured on a van at my age?

  3. Mari May 7, 2013 at 6:15 pm Reply

    About taxes that need to be paid, the different laws, insurances, how to pay super, ext.

  4. Eboni September 9, 2013 at 8:39 am Reply

    For the plumber – what kind of insurance or bond and at what limit should I have the plumber to have to build a whole plumbing systems and a possible leak/flood happens?

    For the Structural Engineering and the foundation/soil compacting and concrete slab – what kind of insurance/bond and how much for foundation stress cracks?

    For damaging neighbors property during construction, what insurance and how much?

    (I understand workers comp and expect to ask for Contractor’s General liability insurance $1.0 Million coverage)

  5. Bruno September 14, 2013 at 12:38 pm Reply

    Something is wrong with my plumbing but I am not sure what. My husband said it may be our “stump-pump.” There is NO QUESTION that I will have to have the problem corrected and sewage taken out from under my house.

    I don’t know what to ask them about services, costs, certification and so on. Any ideas would be helpful.

  6. Faustina January 23, 2014 at 11:48 am Reply

    Isn’t that why we carry really good liability insurance?

  7. Ronny January 31, 2014 at 8:55 pm Reply

    I bought a house and was convinced by the realtor to purchase a so called “Appliances Insurance”. Five months later, water heater gone bad, called the insurance company. They were very nice to take the claim. However, the plumber they sent came over and claimed that he needed $350 from me to replace the heater. I checked the website, if I buy one by myself…the cost would be $310 plus tax, have a contractor to install it $150. Likewise, w/o insurance, cost from me would be $460. I paid $410 for insurance, add what the plumber asked $350, total will be $760…does this make sense?
    Yes, it is covered in the paper, insurance agent told me that I only have to pay $55 deductible on the phone.

  8. Jacque February 2, 2014 at 7:03 am Reply

    Should Obama tell people not to ask Questions, Is this Russian style politics ?

  9. Stephen February 4, 2014 at 4:21 am Reply

    I am not sure how much home insurance coverage I should have for the house I bought 2 years ago. The cost of the house including the land was $96,000. But that includes the price of the land, etc.

    I now have to renew the home insurance policy and realized maybe I should reduce the amount of the coverage from $96,000 to around $80,000. The dwelling amount for the insurance has been the price I paid for, $96,000. But if something happens and the house needs to get rebuild, the cost of building should not be as high as $96,000. I currently owe mortgage $70,000.

    Do you have any recommendation? I do not know if I can ask the insurance agent to reduce the dwelling coverage. But I am hoping a way to save money on the home insurance.
    Could someone give me an advice?

    Thank you.

  10. Alexander February 13, 2014 at 11:09 pm Reply

    I just filed an insurance claim for my home. The invoices for the major work went straight to the insurance agent. My claim was for water damage and plumbing. The insurance adjuster just contacted me and stated how much the claim was for and that he would be sending out a check to cover damages, as well as the list of claims etc. Will he also send the invoices of the work that was done, because companies reported to my insurance adjuster. Will I be paying the company from the check we receive. Now i am wondering if this was a normal process.

  11. Ray February 21, 2014 at 10:31 pm Reply

    HELLO YAHOO GURUS! anyway i am renting a home in which i am responsible for the water bill. however there was a leak in yard from a busted sprinkler which ran my bill up too almost 2000 dollars. the landlord is responsible for this yet says he doesnt have the money too fix it right away, and i do not have the money to move or fix it myself. i have called a plumber to get an estimate on the leak, but am wonndering will home owners insurance or some kind of other insurance covers this sort of thing?? and if so how long does it take?? also is there anything else i can do in the meantime to prevent another 2000 dollar water bill? i know its not my fault but the landlord is a butthead and i just need to get this taken care of.

  12. Lee February 22, 2014 at 9:03 am Reply

    Whole story:
    We have tree roots growing in our pipes so we have the plumber come out once a year for maintenance to keep it from gettiing bad. He was out on 5/8 and rodded. We were not having a problem before, but when he left, the tub was draining slowly (ranch on slab and tub is the lowest drain.) He came back out a week later (last week) and did it again with no success. He said he’d have to come back to use the inside clean-out access. (We had a lot to move out of the way for him to get to it.) Today (5/22) he used the inside cleanout access and ended up coming up through the toilet, which broke the toilet. Not only is there the cost of the toilet, but also another service call fee. What part of this, if any, should we be responsible for?

  13. Patsy February 22, 2014 at 9:03 am Reply

    What is the minimum insurance that an owner of a heating/plumbing business must have in California?

  14. Ingrid March 10, 2014 at 7:43 pm Reply

    Hi, I am trying to help my parents get new home owners insurance. I was asked the following questions:
    1. What type of electrical wires are there in the home?
    2. When were the electrical & plumbing last updated ?

    I have no idea where to find the information. Can anyone help?
    This is a single family home in California, built in 1950.

  15. Gale March 24, 2014 at 9:33 pm Reply

    We moved into a house where the previous owners had put in a plastic water tank as opposed to an actual sceptic tank. Now it is leaking and causing quite a few plumbing dilemmas.. We can’t have animals because of the leak and it’s dangerous for us. Will my insurance on the house cover this? I am with Westpac but can’t find any info on this sort of thing. I suppose the question would be will insurance cover essential plumbing that is really not our fault. And yes, I will be contacting them as soon as I remember, just want to hear people’s thoughts..

  16. Francesco April 15, 2014 at 10:57 pm Reply

    My house in pa has plumbing issues. We had insurance pay for plumbing twice. I heard from someone of a three strikes and they won’t cover you anymore policiy. Is that true? I’m afraid to go to insurance to repair the plumbing the third time.

  17. Ty April 23, 2014 at 7:05 pm Reply

    After living in my newly built flat for a year, I noticed some water elakage around a light fitting in the kitchen. After speaking to the people living above (they rent, I own) their management company got a plumber in to fix a leaky bath.
    After going out for the day I return home to find my flat covered in water. My wooden floor had lifted in areas, my table had warped and the walls and cieling were absolutely wrecked.
    it turned out that when the plmber has finished fixing the leak, he actually hadn’t attached the waste pipe back to the bath and so when my neighbour used his bath, all the water went down the plughole and into my poor flat.
    We contacted the builder (as it was a new property) and he said it was down to the owners above us to sort out. So we contacted the mangement company who would not take any blame and neither would the plumber. The builder suggested we claim on our building insurance (joint for all flats) which we did, but then ended up having to pay the £250 excess. So I am now out of pocket by £250 and no one will take any balme and keep blaming eachother and the management company says it is nothing to do with him, as it is my flat I should pay.
    Now I am sure this is wrong as I am an innocent party and if someone hit my car I would not be expected to pay, so why should I pay if it wasn’t my fault.
    The owners of the property have been in touch and offered to pay half of the excess, but that still leaves me out of pocket and considering no one even offered to help fix anything or give the slightest apology I am gob smacked by this. surely I should not be out of pocket at all.
    please can someone tell me where I should go from here?
    p.s Sorry for babbling on so much but its very frustrating!

  18. Denny April 24, 2014 at 12:30 am Reply

    i got this insurance cover for plumbing and drainage cover for my house and it cost £100 a this necassery for homeowner ? i dont want to waste my money as money for now is a bit tight.please advice.thanks

  19. Ione April 26, 2014 at 3:53 pm Reply

    When I bought this house a few years ago there was small crack in the concrete slab- the home inspector and contractors couldn’t tell if it was a shrinkage crack or result of settling(very common in the area I live in). The previous owners ended up putting some underpinning piles under one corner of the house.
    I think when that corner was lifted the drains connecting to the shower and tub (the bathroom is at the same corner) were misaligned, because we started having problems with the flooring coming up and carpet stains. Now I have to redo a lot of the plumbing and the doors won’t shut properly.
    I read the foundation repair contract and it says they are not responsible for plumbing issues that arise after underpinnings are placed.

    Should everyone who had underpinnings put in have an inspector come in and look at all the plumbing again to make sure there are no new leaks because of the movement?? Is this normal? Is this common?

  20. Carlton May 1, 2014 at 6:57 pm Reply

    I have a problem with a water pipe and I don’t know where it is coming from I think it is a burst pipe and it is dripping outside of my eaves I know it is not rain water I can hear it drip from inside I know I have to call a plumber but should I call a plumber first or my home owners insurance

  21. Bennie May 5, 2014 at 1:07 pm Reply

    i brought this plumber , builder to change new bathroom and kitchen. but he did mess water leak n get loads damage inside..he says he got public liability insurance. so my question is will the pay for my damage ? thanks in advance

  22. Tommy May 14, 2014 at 12:29 am Reply

    I don’t know if this applies everywhere, but in texas when you buy a home you have to have it insured before you can close.

    Is a home warranty the same as insurance? I’m really confused on this one.

  23. Dorothy May 14, 2014 at 8:40 pm Reply

    Ok, so the pipes behind our fridge is making a VERY VERY loud noise( like a vaccum) and water is spillling out of it everywhere! Like it is about to flood. The noise is really loud and water is getting everywhere.
    Does anyone know how to stop it or something?
    The force of the water is so strong!! I can’t hold it with duct tape!!
    The water is like ankle deep now…. crap..

  24. Bart May 20, 2014 at 12:08 pm Reply

    Where’s a good place to find people looking for Plumbing and Heating contractors in Maple Ridge, BC area?

  25. Fidel June 13, 2014 at 12:01 pm Reply

    can you claim on plumbing and foundation problems? Due to Spring and water company having reserve by house?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *